My Grandmother's Kitchen

My grandmother's kitchen.
scattered and scanty, 
produces assorted meals.
that are delicious and filling.

My grandmother kitchen
Painted in smog and smoke, 
Coming from wood and coals.
That cooked and baked delicacies and pastries.
That is toothsome and tasty.

My grandmother kitchen.
Opened to every child in the village.
The fat and thin, the chubby and lean.
Come to have their fill and leave.

My grandmother kitchen.
That baked love in every dough.
Where sweet spices and memories abode.
Where I run to for safety when chased by hunger.

My grandmother kitchen.
The favorite part of her house.
The house that became my second home.
Even after her departure from earth, I can't forget, my grandmother's kitchen.

📸@ shuttershock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Up To The Hype

It's Not Love.

It Is Going To Be A Great Day.